How to check your moles
Tenere i nei sotto controllo è fondamentale. Ecco le caratteristiche da osservare per riconoscere i nei a rischio.
Reading time: 1 min
Who is most at risk?
The type of skin is crucial in the development of melanoma. Light-skinned individuals are much more at risk than dark-skinned individuals.
What are the steps to follow to keep moles under control?
- A as in ASYMMETRY: dividing the mole in half we should obtain two perfectly overlapping parts. Asymmetry is one of the potential indicators of anomalies.
- B as in BORDER: the border must be regular. Jagged edges may mean the mole is transforming.
- C as in COLOR: the color should be uniform, with no light areas alternating with dark areas.
- D as in DIMENSIONS: the dimensions should be around 6mm in diameter.
- E as in EVOLUTION: it’s important to see a dermatologist right away if a mole is evolving. This means a change in size, shape, color, elevation or other features, or any new symptoms such as bleeding, itching or scabs.
The most important thing to prevent the mole from degenerating into a melanoma is PREVENTION. The simplest and most immediate way to diagnose skin cancers is MOLE MAPPING.
At SOTHERGA, you can schedule checks and mappings with highly-qualified professionals.